Is one looking for some new London eateries for a rainy day? There have recently been a host of supplements in the weekend magazines on the subject of recommended restaurants. One simply finds it too difficult to keep track. So here, mes amis, as a little aide memoire is a list of those that one has spotted that seem to be worth a little excursion. One has yet to try them but heavens…think of one’s waistline!
- The Atlas – Gastropub – 16 Seagrave Road, Fulham www.theatlaspub.co.uk
- 40 Maltby Street, Bermondsey – Modern British food – www.maltbystreet.com
- Angels & Gypsies , Camberwell, SE5 – Spanish – www.angelsandgypsies.com
- The Clove Club, Shoreditch – Modern British – www.thecloveclub.com
- The Shed, Notting Hill, W8 – Modern British – www.theshed-restaurant.com
- Tramshed – Shoreditch – Chicken or Steak! – www.chickenandsteak.co.uk
- Bombay Palace – Bayswater, W2 – Indian of course! – www.Bombay-palace.co.uk
- Chez Marcelle – 34 Blythe Road, Olympia, W14 – Lebanese
- Tartufo – Chelsea – Modern – www.tartufolondon.co.uk
One has also been reminded (though it is obviously not in London!) of The French Horn at Sonning www.thefrenchhorn.co.uk which used to be marvellous and is well worth a trip out of London on a sunny day. Apparently they now have a Michelin trained chef now…hmm…now how is one’s diary looking?
Now…off to lunch! Otto’s in Gray’s Inn Road…hurrah for steak tartare!