Yes, I know it will come as a complete surprise to you that I say that Rick Stein is a complete git. Harsh you think? Not at all, let me explain.
- Lockdown happens
- You drink and eat
- You get a little plump
- Rick Stein’s TV program comes on repeat. “Oh wow! that’s a nice recipe. I must try cooking that…which you do.
- You eat and drink more.
- You get a little more plump.
- You want to go on holiday but you can’t.
- Rick Stein’s TV program comes on repeat. Wow! he’s in Bordeaux, all those fab vineyards and restaurants, I can’t wait to go!
- But you can’t. You are locked down.
- You eat and drink more
- Rick goes to Sicily, Sardinia, all over France, St. Sebastian. He eats fabulous food in fantastic restuarants .
- Now you really MUST travel to some of those astoundingly attractive desinations.
- But you CAN’T! You just can’t because you are stuck indoors, locked down with a bloody takeway chicken vindaloo from Deliveroo….and it’s gone cold!
- That’s why I hate Rick!, I hate him!! I really hate him!!!
- He’s made me fat; he’s given me wanderlust when I can’t wander and my money as been spent buying new clothes because the old ones no longer fit!
- Now can you see why I don’t like him! Can you? It’s no surprise is it?
- Which is why my first restaurant after lockdown is Rick Stein’s in Barnes…hope he doesn’t read this…
Which is why my first restaurant after lockdown is Rick Stein’s in Barnes with Sir Cosmo Longstaff…I hope Rick doesn’t read this before we go…
By the way, I have all his books…..darn..